COO Troy Lakey and Director of Client Support Katherine Hershberger join CEO Nate Hagerty and Vice President Christian Jones for an important conversation about the demand of a packed schedule: the best productivity hacks for increased output… while keeping your sanity.
We cannot emphasize enough just how nerdy (and skilled) the TPM team is at ways to “hack” workflow, and how truly beneficial this session will be — if you apply what’s shared.
See, we’ve been VERY busy here at TPM/APM (like you, probably). And because of the demands of that busyness, one thing we’ve been doing is devoting special portions of our weekly full company meetings to talking about productivity hacks with Troy and Katherine in particular at the helm. They both have years of findings backing them when it comes to optimizing their workflows, and we know what they’ve gleaned from their experience will be VERY valuable to tax and accounting practice owners who want more out of their time.
Connect with Nate Hagerty
• Start slow. Read something before you go for your phone
• Take 3x per day to stop and pause
• Eat a meal with someone else
•One hour with your phone off per day
• Check in with your body and mind. If there is fog or confusion, you need to prioritize rest in your personal life.
• Make time for quiet prayer or meditation at some point in the day.
• Eat more protein and less saturated fats. This produces more dopamine in the brain.
• Work smarter, not harder. Recognize your body’s warning signs and adapt your work life to the changes in your body.
• Prioritize exercising every day for 10 minutes or more.
• Eisenhower Method for Prioritizing Tasks
• Brain FM focus music
• Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
• The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
• Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
• Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
This episode is brought to you by TaxProMarketer, a leading marketing agency serving CPA & tax firms. It was established in May of 2007 in response to increased demand for real-world, relationship-building (and profit-producing) marketing tools for use in the tax and accounting industry.
Currently, TaxProMarketer serves clients all across the United States and Canada who use their services to build relationships with their prospects & existing clients, as well as to grow the value of their business (for immediate cashflow and future sale-ability) by utilizing the following tools: a relational email marketing program, social media feed program, local listings management & optimization, and creating full “online marketing machines” for clients (which include SEO-optimized, conversion-centric custom websites).
TaxProMarketer is a Keap Certified Partner and a Digital Marketer Certified Agency.