There are stages to a business, and very soon you realize that once you’ve hit six figures in revenue, you can stay in that desert for a LONG time… unless you build with a team.
But hiring great people for tax and accounting practices is a monstrous pain in the you-know-what.
Some market areas are flooded with overpriced talent, poor work ethic, and a me-first mentality. Other markets for talent are full of people with a strong work ethic but little of the education or ceiling for knowledge work or handling higher-end clientele.
With the ever-increasing complexity of the tax code (hello K2, K3) and the demographic changes within the profession, CPAs and tax professionals find themselves fighting over scraps when it comes to getting great staff… and then wondering how to retain those employees over time.
But what if it were much simpler?
In this ProMarketer Podcast episode, host Nate Hagerty (CEO of TaxProMarketer, an Inc. 5000 company with 5-star ratings on GlassDoor) and TPM client and friend Argel Sabillo, CPA (HeyApril CEO) bring to you an exciting new methodology for building a team of experts who can care for your existing clients … and free you up to go out and get higher-paying new ones. Find more about Argel’s work here: www.taxprohiring.com
Connect with Nate Hagerty
• Attract talent by being clear on your company goals, spreading your natural net wide, and implementing an employee referral program.
• When hiring, focus on culture fit and work ethic – and train the rest. Experience and character (NOT resumes) is ALL.
• The biggest key to retaining employees with talent in your practice? CULTURE.
• Retain employees by creating a safe zone for them to critique their experience (and yes, even you).
• Offshore employees are an incredibly untapped resource that can bring warmth, skill, and professionalism to your team at a significantly lower cost.
This episode is brought to you by TaxProMarketer, a leading marketing agency serving CPA & tax firms. It was established in May of 2007 in response to increased demand for real-world, relationship-building (and profit-producing) marketing tools for use in the tax and accounting industry.
Currently, TaxProMarketer serves clients all across the United States and Canada who use their services to build relationships with their prospects & existing clients, as well as to grow the value of their business (for immediate cashflow and future sale-ability) by utilizing the following tools: a relational email marketing program, social media feed program, local listings management & optimization, and creating full “online marketing machines” for clients (which include SEO-optimized, conversion-centric custom websites).
TaxProMarketer is a Keap Certified Partner and a Digital Marketer Certified Agency.